Sunday, November 22, 2009

Brutus' Journal Entry- Blog Assignment #2

Dear Journal,

I have my morals, and I will not be forced to look up on someone who I do not think is superior. At these times, I would prefer not to be a citizen of Rome. I already fear the day that Caesar is to become king. Who is to say that he will continue to deny the crown? Even Casca said that he seemed more reluctant each time he refused the crown. If Cassius is right, I am the only one who can convince the people that Caesar can’t become king. I know that in the long run, this is what is best for Rome. Am I the one who should have the final say? I do not know, but I am putting it upon my shoulders to decide.

As Cassius brought up earlier today, what is it that makes Caesar better than him or I? Caesar is one of my oldest and dearest friends, but I can not let him destroy Rome. And at this point, I do not know if I can take the risk to let him obtain that much power. I’m feeling like I am being pulled. Caesar or Rome? Obviously there is no comparison. I love Caesar, but Rome will always come first. Therefore, it is no longer the question which is more important; I am now stuck on what to do. I’d like to believe that I have enough honour to spare Caesar his life, but I no longer know even that. Only time will tell what is to become of Caesar and Rome.

Brutus

No comments:

Post a Comment